Thursday, December 16

Cab Rides


I think of cab drivers in the same way I do senior citizens: they are either rude, negative and gross or they are insightful, inspirational and humble. After four years of living in Chicago I can honestly say that my cab driver after the Bulls game on Monday was the tops. Not only did he go out of his way to pick me up in sub zero temps, he was also incredibly friendly, honest and efficient. Didn't get his name or cab number but I did walk away feeling grateful for having come into contact with this man. The odds of getting a cab driver like that are about the same as getting a cashier at Jewel who speaks to you. Good luck with your next cabbie.


Photo by Michael Patrick Perry-Feel free to use images with links and credit – no commercial use without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment