Thursday, January 6

Fleeting Light

I I am infatuated with the CTA overpasses/underpasses that are all over Chicago. Not only are they built to last thousands of years they look like they’ve been in existence for a thousand years. They are some of the most beautiful remnants of the old Chicago. I was driving under this specific overpass when the sun came through the clouds and lit it up like an ancient church. I slammed on the brakes, grabbed the tripod and camera and ran out to get a few photographs. By the time I got the gear set up and began shooting photographs the sun had run off behind the clouds again. Despite the less than stellar lighting I was intrigued by the weathered texture crawling all over the structure.
Photo by Michael Patrick Perry-Feel free to use images with links and credit – no commercial use without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment