Saturday, January 8

Happy Ending

Photographically speaking there's no reason for me to be posting this image because there's not anything interesting about it. That being said I couldn't help but smile when I came across this headstone. After an early morning snowfall the skies had cleared and the sun was shining. I snatched my camera and headed out in hopes of finding a few well lit snow scenes. After walking through hundreds and hundreds of headstones that held the air of loss about them I came across this one. Although it's incredibly simple it stood out from every other headstone in the cemetery. The font used and the dramatic angle made it feel more like a marquee for a jazz musician than a headstone. Can you see it? "LIVE SHOW, LOUIS ROSENBERG, TONIGHT ONLY!". I don't know who Louis Rosenberg was but I have a feeling he was someone special. 


Photo by Michael Patrick Perry-Feel free to use images with links and credit – no commercial use without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment